Possible to create a forms template as the parent for child notes?

Copper Contributor

We are moving from a database we have been using to track activity associated with a given client, to OneNote. I love the freeform design and hierarchical relationships. But I would like each client to have a first-page Note that lists all their contact information and other info associated with their account.

Is there an easy way to do this? I don't have access to MSFT Forms and anyway I don't like the Survey type format. I just want some fields for contact information, a text field to describe their account, that sort of thing.  Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 Reply

Hi, @BobInSeattle . I'm trying to visualize how you are going about setting up OneNote. Are you using the built in Windows 10 OneNote app, or the OneNote 2016 desktop app? Other questions: what is your hierarchy and workflow going to be? For example, we create a new notebook for each client and have set up tabs and pages that are replicated in each notebook. I can also see using a single notebook and having different tabs for each client. Depending on how you are using OneNote, I then can offer more specific ideas on what you are trying to do. (PS - we dumped a small databased by printing out a "face page" and history of each client as a single PDF file, then we were able to easily "import" each client/contact information into OneNote.)