share every calendar with one user

Copper Contributor

Hello,

My boss asked me to share every calendar with him so he can see every details. Is there a way to do this in the admin console or shoud I go on every post and share it manuallay ?

Thanks in advance

Yann

4 Replies

You can use PowerShell:

$calendars = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -FolderScope Calendar | ? {$_.FolderType -eq "Calendar"} | select @{n="Identity"; e={$_.Identity.ToString().Replace("\",":\")}}

$calendars | % {Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity $_.Identity -User Email address removed -AccessRights LimitedDetails}

It's not possible to do this via the admin console, even manually. It's a client-level operation so you will need to grant yourself Full access permissions and open each mailbox in OWA/Outlook first, then open each Calendar and adjust permissions. 

@Vasil Michev Thanks for your answer. I have been told that it's GDPR related and that every user can choose to shaare their calendar with the boss or not. Do you know more about this ?

Not sure what you mean here. The Share functionality has been available in Outlook/OWA for years, this is nothing new, neither related to GDPR. Apart from sharing the calendar, users can manually adjust permissions on the folder to grant access to the boss, or any other user for that matter.

@yannviel You're best and i think only bet is powershell, once you've taken care of the current users, we tend to run a command during user setup to open their calendar to the whole organisation which just makes sense. 

Its basically  

set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity john.doe@contoso.com:\calendar -user default -Accessrights Reviewer