Microsoft 365 Admin Center unable to delete user with status Accepted

Copper Contributor

Hi

We had a personal account set up in February 2022 to use Teams - it later transpired that Teams Essentials could not run breakout rooms, so Microsoft 365 Business Basic license was also purchased (lets call it teams@contoso.com).

By April, we purchased a number of licenses for Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Dynamics 365 Sales Professional and somehow the accounts were merged (possibly from a failed Custom Domain Setup Wizard) - so previous purchases, licenses, and billing are now displayed in the admin center for admin@contoso196.onmicrosoft.co). Some of the things I have checked:

1. I cannot see teams@contoso.com if logged on as admin@contoso196.onmicrosoft.co
  2. I could see teams@contoso.com if logged on as teams@contoso.com - but could not manage or delete
  3. I gave teams@contoso.com admin rights to contoso196.onmicrosoft.co and can now edit contact information (but still cannot remove or change the assigned licenses)

We're now in a situation where the teams@contoso.com account cannot be managed and doesn't appear to have any active licenses (so a training event currently running can only be hosted on teams for 1 hour at a time, due to the limitations of the free version). I've tried making the account global admin, adding other licenses like PowerBI, and managing through aad.azure - but to no avail...

If I just try and buy another subscription, the website tells me "This account is managed by your organisation. To use Microsoft 365 Business Basic, you'll need to ask your administrator to get it for you, or create an account to get it yourself."

Is there a way to remove teams@contoso.com from the contoso196.onmicrosoft.co organisations admin centre - or at least manage the subscriptions so I can add a valid one?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

0 Replies