SOLVED

Hide Integrated Apps in Office 365 Portal / My Apps

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've been trying to hide all integrated / available apps in the Office 365 portal for our users (https://www.microsoft365.com/m365apps/apps?auth=2) (Get more apps)

M365-Apps1.png

M365-Apps.png

I only found the option to require an admin to install those apps (so that users won't be able to use them if they are not assigned to them).

(M365 Admin Center => Settings = Integrated Apps => Available Apps => Gearwheel Icon right => "Only Admins can install apps for users").

I've also disabled almost all apps (all third-party-apps, all user-created apps and almost all Microsoft apps) in the Teams Admin Center and disabled users from seeing those apps in teams (see https://www.loebmann.tech/disable-teams-app-user-requests/)

However, the apps tile and the apps still show up in the Office 365 portal for all users. For most of the apps, when you click on them, it says that the app is not available. We still would like to hide those apps or the apps tile completely.

Is there any way to hide those apps or even the Apps tile in the Office 365 portal?

Best regards

Robert

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Koerpersanka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Koerpersanka,

To hide integrated apps in the Office 365 portal / My Apps, you can use the following steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Entra admin center > Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications.
  2. Select App launchers.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Enable the option Users can only see Microsoft 365 apps in the Microsoft 365 portal.
  5. Click Save.

This will hide all third-party apps and user-created apps from the My Apps page.

If you want to hide the Apps tile completely, you can use the following steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center > Settings > Org settings > Navigation.
  2. Scroll down to the Apps section and click the Edit button.
  3. Clear the checkbox for Show the Apps tile.
  4. Click Save.

This will hide the Apps tile from the Office 365 portal.

Here are some useful links:

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic

thank you for your reply!

Methode #1 ("Enable the option Users can only see Microsoft 365 apps in the Microsoft 365 portal.") finally worked. It took several days until the apps didn't show up again in the M365 portal.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Robert

@LeonPavesic  @Koerpersanka 

I've tried the same steps and all of my apps are still appearing.  I opened a case with MS and they're saying that there is no way to disable the integrated apps.  

Do you know of any other method?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Koerpersanka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Koerpersanka,

To hide integrated apps in the Office 365 portal / My Apps, you can use the following steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Entra admin center > Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications.
  2. Select App launchers.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Enable the option Users can only see Microsoft 365 apps in the Microsoft 365 portal.
  5. Click Save.

This will hide all third-party apps and user-created apps from the My Apps page.

If you want to hide the Apps tile completely, you can use the following steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center > Settings > Org settings > Navigation.
  2. Scroll down to the Apps section and click the Edit button.
  3. Clear the checkbox for Show the Apps tile.
  4. Click Save.

This will hide the Apps tile from the Office 365 portal.

Here are some useful links:

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post