Summary of common and never-fixed issues on edge android canary for phone and tablet

Steel Contributor

@josh_bodner 

Hello, here is a summary of problems never solved on edge android canary: 

Edge for phone:

- using the "ask for biometrics or password before autofill" function does not work with PWAs if edge is not running in the background...

-The context menu button referring to "find this image on bing" refers to the home page of the bing site. (See the video capture attached)

Edge for tablet: 

- Why don't we have immersive NTP like on the phone, if it's the wallpaper that's the problem on the tablet, see your MS launcher comrades who manage to adapt an image to any screen format.

Screenshot_20220921-132441.jpg

-since the beginning of the canary program, the tablet menu always includes the sentence "turn your phone to portrait mode to modify the menu", in any case, the menu is not modifiable, and the small sentence persists (see screenshot)

Screenshot_20220921-132458.jpg

Both tablet and phone: 

- the download tool is too complicated, to download and view a pdf, there are too many clicks and a waste of time (see the video capture attached)

-if a site is added to the home screen, when it opens, the address displayed in the bar is "about blank" (see screenshot) 

Screenshot_20220921-173602.jpg

- The rewards page has NEVER worked! (See screenshot)

Screenshot_20220921-132425.jpg

Screenshot_20220921-132408.jpg

- the voice search option says there is no connection even though I am on WIFI and 4g (see video capture attached)

3 videos capture attached

thank you for reading this post and I hope that these problems will (finally) be solved...

3 Replies
And please add: when a website has MSAL (Azure Ad login), if browsing to that website and clicking login, the redirect process just hangs. You have to switch profile to a work account, then it works. This works fine on all other browsers.. I should be able to browse to a corporate website (my own developed app) and use my personal profile to log in with my work account. I don't want multiple profiles as favorites can't be synced between them..
Yes, and you can't sign in to office.com on android too !