SOLVED

Suggestion: option to run or open downloaded files

Silver Contributor

From the time I have installed Microsoft Edge Chromium, I have to compulsorily save files when it is downloaded from the internet and not to just run or open it which were the options given in IE and Edge Legacy, because of that I have to delete the file after it was opened. It is a suggestion that option to run or open files is added in Edge Chromium.

IE and Edge Legacy always asked wether to run or save fileIE and Edge Legacy always asked wether to run or save fileNew Edge only saves file by asking where to save fileNew Edge only saves file by asking where to save file

Edited:

This feature has now been implemented and you can check it by going to my conversation which is linked below:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/good-news-the-new-downloads-ui-asks-to-whether-op... 

3 Replies
Yes, that was an awesome interface we had in IE11 and Edge Legacy, would be perfect to have it back.
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

Since one of the last updates of Edge, you can finally run files directly instead of saving them. It's really great!

RonnieAT_0-1603230623509.png

@RonnieAT 

Thanks for giving the update on this conversation. I really had forgotten this conversation as I opened it long ago. I had posted a conversation about this new feature which I am linking it in the original post of this conversation.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

Since one of the last updates of Edge, you can finally run files directly instead of saving them. It's really great!

RonnieAT_0-1603230623509.png

View solution in original post