Edge-Linux: Will Stable 91.0.864.37 be Released?

Bronze Contributor

Edge-Win10 Stable updated today, right on schedule, to Version 91.0.864.37 (Official build) (64-bit). Edge-Linux Beta also updated today to Version 91.0.864.37 (Official build) beta (64-bit).

Does Microsoft plan to release Edge-Linux Version 91.0.864.37 as a Stable release at this time, or should Linux users expect to wait until the Version 92 release target on July 22?

1 Reply

@tomscharbach  It does not look like Edge-Linux Stable Version 91 will be released.  Perhaps  Edge-Linux Stable will be released in late July during the Version 92 cycle.  If not Version 92, then perhaps Version 93 in September.

I'm frustrated, of course, because I would like to adopt Edge as my primary browser across Windows/Linux/Android/iOS platforms, but (reading between the lines) I've suspected for some months that Edge-Linux is targeted toward the needs of Enterprise customers rather than Linux desktop users.   The effort to conform Edge-Linux to the needs of Enterprise customers appears to be moving along, but perhaps more slowly than Microsoft would like

I understand Microsoft's focus on Enterprise customers (the number of Linux desktop users outside an Enterprise environment who might adopt Edge-Linux is probably small, despite favorable reviews that I'm seeing on Linux boards) and I also understand Microsoft's deliberate pace in developing Edge-Linux for Enterprise customers (Enterprise customers have specific needs in a browser that consumers don't, and tend to be slow adopters).  But I'm not giving up hope that Edge-Linux will be released to Stable within the next six months.