SOLVED

Edge is going to [Mod removed]

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

[MOD EDIT: Removed some words that were not caught by the filter. Please review the community guidelines for expectations in our community.]

What is wrong with the devs working on edge? It was a good browser and has started to go to absolute [Mod removed]

• I've selected Edge dev to NOT update automatically as I'm on a metered connection. Well guess what, it still did, and now precision gestures are broken. How **bleep** does your quality control has to be to be let such a major UI bug break not once, but twice! Yes! This isn't the first time you're broken trackpad gestures. How on earth is so hard for you fools to do basic testing before releases!
  • New tab keeps crashing in some cases, opening a PDF causes the tabs to crash after while. Again, how is QC so **bleep**?!?!
  • STOP, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ADDING [Mod Removed] "FEATURES" TO EDGE!  NO one, and I repeat, ABSOLOUTELY NO ONE wants zip paymets integrated into the browser! GET THE BASIC FEATURES RIGHT BEFORE ADDING CRAP THAT NO ONE WANTS
  • STOP advertizing Edge as a "privacy respecting" browser! Why is it that when I want to download chrome to test websites, there's popups upon popups nudging me to use edge? Who the hell comes up with this [Mod Removed]
  • STOP ASKING ME TO ENABLE TRAKING, AND STOP CHANGING MY **bleep** SETTINGS!. After browser gets a stupid **bleep** update to add more stupid **bleep** "features", every setting I turn off gets reenabled again. HOW MANY **bleep**ING TIMES SHOULD I DISABLE "SHARE BROWSING DATA WITH OTHER WINDOWS FEATURES" AND "Help improve Microsoft products by sending the results from searches on the web". **bleep**ING STOP IT. 
  • REMOVE ZIP, DISCOVER, PINTREST, EDGE BAR. One more crap you [Mod Removed] pull, I'll nuke edge from orbit. 
  • Oh you treat your websites specially is it? I keep adding msn to "block cookies" list, and lo and behold, it keeps dissappearing from the blocklist! 

Stop doing this! STOP ADDING CRAP NO ONE ASKS FOR. I doubt any soul is going to read this, but so be it. Microsoft's products start out well, untill they go to trash or are killed. Well played. Might as well migrate all my stuff off MS and Azure. 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by MissyQ (Microsoft)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

Hey, friend! I am sorry to see any frustrations here, however due to this thread violating our community guidelines, I am locking it. Specifically, this post is violating:

• Be respectful to Microsoft employees, Microsoft Valued Professionals (MVPs), moderators, and the other members of this community. Disrespectful behaviors include condescension, microaggressions, disrespectful language (being rude, insulting, berating, or commenting upon anything personal), etc..
  • Post your comments, opinions, and ideas in a constructive and respectful way.

I have passed on your report about the metered connections setting not working. When things like this happen, it's best to submit it directly through the browser via the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback including diagnostics so that the team can properly investigate what is happening; without diagnostic data, it is more difficult for the team to understand what is causing what users are seeing. Additionally, we are investigating the issue reported by Insiders about the gesture controls like zoom not behaving as intended.

I do encourage you to review our guidelines and continue to contribute to the community! We'd love to hear more thoughts from you about how we can improve the browser. We also invite you to suggest feature updates or new features on the new Feedback portal for the team. I appreciate your understanding!

Missy Quarry (she/they)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MissyQ (Microsoft)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

Hey, friend! I am sorry to see any frustrations here, however due to this thread violating our community guidelines, I am locking it. Specifically, this post is violating:

• Be respectful to Microsoft employees, Microsoft Valued Professionals (MVPs), moderators, and the other members of this community. Disrespectful behaviors include condescension, microaggressions, disrespectful language (being rude, insulting, berating, or commenting upon anything personal), etc..
  • Post your comments, opinions, and ideas in a constructive and respectful way.

I have passed on your report about the metered connections setting not working. When things like this happen, it's best to submit it directly through the browser via the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback including diagnostics so that the team can properly investigate what is happening; without diagnostic data, it is more difficult for the team to understand what is causing what users are seeing. Additionally, we are investigating the issue reported by Insiders about the gesture controls like zoom not behaving as intended.

I do encourage you to review our guidelines and continue to contribute to the community! We'd love to hear more thoughts from you about how we can improve the browser. We also invite you to suggest feature updates or new features on the new Feedback portal for the team. I appreciate your understanding!

Missy Quarry (she/they)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

View solution in original post