Discussion: Microsoft Edge in Touch Tablets

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

I am wondering have you tried Microsoft Edge in touch-based Windows devices or like in tablet mode in Windows 10?

How was your experience? Do you like it?

Do you have any feedback or idea to improve it?

8 Replies
@Reza_Ameri-Archived I haven't tried it, and I don't have a touchscreen device, but I'm looking forward to it. Anyone else can you please share a screenshot of how it looks if you've tried it?
Just enable Windows 10 tablet mode
@msekmfb1 It looks weird.
Yes, all Chromium-based browsers in tablet mode just enlarge the buttons on the toolbar, nothing more

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Best browser by far. Rendering is excellent, but scaling is problematic.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived Thanks for starting this discussion! Our team has heard a lot of mixed feedback about the tablet/touch experience in the past few months, so I'd also like to hear what you all think about it.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Kam 

@Deleted 

Let me share some of my experience and what I have collect from users.

Some people complained icons are small and it is difficult to interact with touch and they mentioned Microsoft Edge legacy was better.

Since interaction is with touch, sometimes they accidently close tab while they want to switch and since close tab notification is not there they are not happy with this situation.

Also they mentioned new Settings is not suitable for touch because icons are small

In general they mentioned Microsoft Edge legacy was more touch friendly and they want Microsoft Edge be tablet ready at least in Tablet Mode and have option to enable and enlarge icons.