2/10/21 - Announcing an Azure Cognitive Services – Speech AMA!

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Community Manager

We are very excited to announce an Azure Cognitive Services – Speech AMA! We'll be answering your questions on how to add capabilities like Text-to-Speech and Custom Neural Voice with Azure Speech service.  

The AMA will take place on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PT in the Azure AI AMA space. Add the event to your calendar and view in your time zone here

An AMA is a live online event similar to a “YamJam” on Yammer or an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit. This AMA gives you the opportunity to connect with Microsoft product experts who will be on hand to answer your questions and listen to feedback.

Please note, if you are unable to participate on the day of the event, we will open up the space for new questions 24 hours before the event, so feel free to post your questions beforehand if it fits your schedule or time zone better.

BEFORE THE EVENT - check out these resources:

Learn more about text to speech capability: Build a natural custom voice for your brand (microsoft.com)

Check out Friday's AI show featuring Edward Un and Sarah Bird!

AzureCognitiveServicesAMA.jpg

20 Replies
Thanks for sharing this informative event.
Yep sounds good, this invite re-introduced me to the community - thank you. Looking forward to finding out more about custom neural voice, sounds interesting.
Hello Mr. Eric Starker I will try to participate in the AMA ,.. Thank you for the message. With beautiful greeting DrlL
Sounds like fun - I'm in! Thanks for putting this together!
Will I think this is has a matter. Me I know what is AMA? AMA is it a part of azure? Thanks
Thank you for the message. I will be in.

@mrsagansay85 In this instance, AMA is just Ask-Microsoft-Anything  (AMA). Come with questions and leave with answers (hopefully!!) :)

@Eric StarkerI am more interested in speech to text than text to speech.  Is that included?

@harb47  Hi there, thanks for the question! The primary focus of this would be text to speech; however, we are all part of one team so if you let us know your specific question we can do our best to answer it, or ask one of our teammates in the event we can't answer it. Do you happen to have a specific question you can ask now and we can retrieve that for you? Thank you!

@wmendozaI have nothing specific to ask.  I was just saying that in general I have more interest in the speech to text.  I have a couple of current projects that could make use of it.  Thanks for your reply.

Just a quick note to let you know we've added some additional resources in the welcome post!

Additional resources to familiarize yourself with Text to Speech & CNV:

Text to Speech

For folks who are curious, in addition to the AI Show segment, you can also visit the Text-to-Speech product page and try the demo, which contains 200+ pre-built TTS voices - Check to see voices available in your preferred languages!

wmendoza_0-1612906773203.png

Custom Neural Voice (now in GA)

Last week, we announced that in addition to these pre-built TTS voices, you can build a custom neural voice (generally available- however you must apply to use this capability.)

To highlight one such example, below is an audio sample of the 'Flo' virtual chatbot from Progressive.

Custom Neural Voice Sample of 'Flo' from Progressive:

Good morning everybody

@Leopoldo Peralta Good morning Leopoldo!! Welcome we will be getting started shortly. If you do have any specific questions relating to Speech you can go ahead and start submitting and we can catch up :)

@Eric Starker is there a link I can click to join this webinar?

@bootsbandoja Hello! This is not a webinar, it's a live question and answer session held via text. This is the main space for it here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-ai-ama/bd-p/AzureAIAMA and you can refresh to see new questions or feel free to post your own question by clicking the "Start a New Conversation" button.