Outlook Requires Password Every New Session - FSLogix

Copper Contributor

Outlook on our RDS servers (Office 2019 Standard Volume License) requires the user to enter their password every time they login to a new RDS session. If I login as a user excluded from FSLogix it saves the password and I don't need to re-enter it every time. I must be missing a simple setting somewhere.

Anyone with a similar setup got some best practice GPOs? It must be something simple in there I'm missing.

21 Replies
Hi @Ryan Tracey ,

i'm not sure if this helps you. Try this out:

https://www.theictguy.co.uk/outlook-keeps-asking-for-password-office-365/
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2271437-outlook-keeps-asking-for-password-every-time-i-log-in...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/office-container-configuration-reference

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)
Umm... my name is Ryan Tracey and I received an email notification about Schnittlauch's reply, but I'm not the Ryan Tracey who posted to OP...???
LOL. There is prob. a other Ryan Tracey
by accident I marked you (User ID 134060), instead of the other Ryan (User ID 178180)
Hey thanks for the response!

I should've mentioned I've found the "disable modern auth to get around modern auth" 'fix' but I'd like to try and get modern auth fully working and not prompting every time a user logs in. If I login as a local user without FSLogix it works as you'd expect.

We also have the same problem.

Windows 2019 Standard

RDSH with FSLOGIX both profile and office

The problem is also present when using MS User Profile Disk (UPD). 

And it is working fine if I exclude the user from FSLOGIX

Opened a case with MS O365 Team but still no answer. 

Any SARA troubleshoting path is not working. 

@Ryan Tracey 

Any new information in on this?

We experience the same issue. Using FSLogix 2210 and RDS 2019 standard. Outlooks prompt from credentials when a user starts a new session

Hi @JSandgren,

I had problems with WAM authentication and FSLogiX so I had to disable WAM and enable ADAL in order to get the credentials persist between sessions. 

It also affects the Edge sync with MS365 services so I had to work also on that. 

These are the registry keys involved:

For force ADAL instead WAM:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity

EnableADAL REG_DWORD  0x1 (1)

DisableADALatopWAMOverride REG_DWORD  0x1 (1)

DisableAADWAM REG_DWORD  0x1 (1)

To force Oneauth (this is a gpo capture in Spanish). 

Captura de pantalla 2023-01-12 a las 13.23.11.png

Let me know if it works for you. 

@unoforever 

Thank you for your answer.

I also found this article of known issues with 2210. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/troubleshooting-known-issues

Affected version(s): 2210 (2.9.8361.52326) or later

Users may be required to authenticate to their applications (for example, Microsoft 365 apps, Teams (work or school), OneDrive, etc.) at every sign-in. The repeated authentication prompts are due to the virtual machines Azure AD device state. We recommend virtual machines are Azure AD Joined (AADJ) or Hybrid Azure AD Joined (HAADJ) for the best user experience.

We are experiencing the same issue with Office 365 and FSLogix 2210 on RDS 2019.

I hope Microsoft solves this problem with the next update of FSLogix.

The server is hybrid joined, but we also have users who work with a different tenant. Without FSLogix profile it works without registry entries, with FSLogix profile only with the mentioned registry entries.
There is a 2210 hotfix 1 out on private preview. However if you want to address this issue I would recommend you to install version (2.9.8228.50276) for the time being

@unoforever Do you have an English screen shot or can you kindly provide the steps to create that GPO policy in English?

@ITHussl3 Hi,

we have the same problem on w10 vdi´s on our Horizon Farm, after enabling MFA.

I tried to translate the settings with google translate but i haven´t tested it yet.

DanielScharmer_0-1685438500031.png

So did you do the registry entries and the GPO? Or did the GPO settings just create those registry entries?

I encountered this issue, after applying Windows update 21H2 OS build 19044.3803
What worked for me was applying the FSLogix hotfix and adding the RoamingIdentity registry key.

Resolution
Install FSLogix 2210 hotfix 1 (2.9.8440.42104). Configure the new RoamIdentity setting by setting the registry value to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FSLogix\Profiles
Key: RoamIdentity
Type: DWORD
Value: 1

Hope this helps anyone with this issue.
LB
RoamIdentity = 1 fixed it for me!

Does anyone have a copy of the FSLogix v2201 hotfix 2 (2.9.8228.50276) they could send me as I’m still struggling to get this working with the repeat M365 authentication requests?

This was the soltution for us.