Get Calculator back

Brass Contributor

I have accidentally removed the Windows Calculator from my image, using the virtual desktop optimization tool. How do i get it back in my image and hosts, for all users? I can manually install it, after enabling the right services and logging in to the store as a user, but then the calculator is only available for that user. Need some help :)

1 Reply

@Mtollex70 

If you've accidentally removed an appx using the WVD optimization tool and MS Store doesn't work for you follow this:

1. Go here to get the appx bundle.  Microsoft Store - Generation Project (v1.2.1) [by @rgadguard & mkuba50] (rg-adguard.net)
    1. This site exposes the appxbundle and dependencies of MS Store apps. 
  2. Input the URL of the MS Store Appx into the search.
  3. You can get the Store URL from the AppxPackages.json file from the WVD Optimization Configuration Files folder.
  4. For example- Groove is:
    1. "AppxPackage": "Microsoft.ZuneMusic",
    2.     "VDIState": "Disabled",
    3.     "URL": "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/groove-music/9wzdncrfj3pt

Example and will look like this:

SharpShooterKansasKid_0-1620699557723.png

Download a recent .appxbundle. you only need the most recent.

It shows the dependencies but most likely the are already on the WVD so start with appxbundle

It will download as a long guid.  Copy the name/url from the site on the left and rename the downloaded guid to the url name:

Run powershell with admin credentials and run DISM:

DISM.EXE /Online /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:c\temp\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_2019.18052.11112.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.appxbundle /SkipLicense

SharpShooterKansasKid_1-1620699557727.png

Warning: if you run just add-appxpackage it won’t install for all users.