AVD + FSLogix and Windows Search searchindexer.exe crash

Iron Contributor

Hi,

We are coming across random crashes with the searchindexer.exe WSearch service. It will randomly give this error and causes the server to freeze with the users on it:

Event: 7011:

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WSearch service.

It takes about an hour to recover or I have to remotely kill the searchindexer.exe service to make it functional again.

We are using FSLogix 2.9.7979.621790 on Windows 10 20H2 Multi-Session session hosts with profile and office container on Azure File Premium.

We are starting to get these at least 1 a day over 30 session hosts. 

Is there an issue with this version of FSLogix how it handles searching, my guess is that someone may be running a search and that is why it is crashing.

Thanks.

6 Replies

@KevHal we have been experiencing this for a couple months now.  Have opened up a couple tickets with Microsoft.  Haven't gotten any concrete fixes yet.  For the first few weeks the server would be pretty much complete locked up and we were unable to logoff users from it and would have to reboot it/delete the server and rebuild.  For the past few weeks we are able to logoff users who cant reconnect to their session and they're able to get back on right away but obviously still not ideal.  

I've been having the same issue. User's get stuck waiting for windows search on sign out, i have to force the search service to stop in order to sign them out. 

@Patrick280 

We are having the same issue in our AVD Fslogic environment, did anyone find a solution to this yet?  

@Shain_Omidvaran I'd forgotten about this thread.

Yes we managed to resolve it.  If you have Adobe Reader/Acrobat installed it is caused by that.

Log onto the affected AVD Session Host as an admin, Open Control Panel and Index options.

Select Advanced.

Under File types, search for PDF, it will show that it is Indexing Properties and File Contents.

Switch this to "Index Properties only".

Issue should then be resolved.

Not had an official answer from MS but a couple of threads came up with it.

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? I've seen several posts for this but no true fixes. The pdf indexing change did not resolve this for me.

Thanks in advance.

@cdranschak I'd like to know too, we are running into this on the latest windows 11 image.