RemoteApp MacOS RD Client Not Rendering Context Menus (Works on Windows RD Client)

RemoteApp MacOS RD Client Not Rendering Context Menus (Works on Windows RD Client)

Upvotes

Upvote

Aug 21 2023
8 Comments (8 New)
New

When connecting to a RemoteApp via Windows RD Client, a particular RemoteApp I use works great. However, when connecting to this same RemoteApp via the MacOS RD Client, when I right click on something on the program to open a context menu, the menu very briefly shows up and then disappears, making the program almost useless as lots of functions require right click menu access. Even though the menu visually disappears, if I click where a button on the menu would be, that selection works, so the menu is being "opened" it just isn't rendering properly.

I thought it might be an issue with this particular software and remote connection use however this does NOT happen with Windows RD Client as mentioned, and it doesn't not happen on Windows or Mac when a full RDP session (with desktop) is used. This seems specific to the MacOS RD Client with RemoteApp mode being used.

Comments
Microsoft
Copper Contributor

Hello, @5tacey . I am using v10.8.4 on MacOS.

Microsoft

Does the issue recur if you reboot the macOS device?
Does the macOS have the latest updates installed and has the macOS device been rebooted after said updates have been installed?

After the macOS updates have been installed and the macOS has been rebooted, what is the version?

Have you tried removing the macOS RD client and installing it again?

Does the issue recur when connecting to a different RemoteApp?

Does the issue recur when connecting to a different AVD session host?

Copper Contributor

Navy NVD user, looks like todays update broke us. Microsoft Remote Desktop. V10.9.0 Mac

users opening NMCI Helpdesk tickets...

Copper Contributor

@5tacey 

Does the issue recur if you reboot the macOS device? YES
Does the macOS have the latest updates installed and has the macOS device been rebooted after said updates have been installed? YES

After the macOS updates have been installed and the macOS has been rebooted, what is the version? v12.6.8

Have you tried removing the macOS RD client and installing it again? YES

Does the issue recur when connecting to a different RemoteApp? NO, does not appear to.

Does the issue recur when connecting to a different AVD session host? Only have 1 session host.

I tried from a completely different Mac as well and same issue so it is not isolated to just my main computer.

Copper Contributor

Also tried on latest client v10.9.0, same issue.

Copper Contributor

Has Microsoft seen and accepeted this issue report? It is clearly a bug considering the same exact RemoteApp using the same exact RDP file but with the Windows RDP Client or Android RDP Client does NOT produce the issue.... Only on MacOS do the right click context menus on this application get rendered behind the main window causing them to be unusable. The latest version 10.9.1 still has the same issue.

I noticed if I disable RemoteFX for RemoteApps in GPO the issue is resolved but then performance and quality of RemoteApps is down the tubes so this is an unacceptable fix however should hopefully point Microsoft in the right direction to resolve this. Also, if I use a Full RDP Desktop session with the same app the issue does not happen so it has something to do uniquely with RemoteApp mode.

Copper Contributor

Same issue on 10.9.3.....