Microsoft Remote Desktop for MacOS: Add Network Level Authentication Option to Settings

Microsoft Remote Desktop for MacOS: Add Network Level Authentication Option to Settings

Upvotes

Upvote

Feb 27 2024
1 Comments (1 New)
New

In the Microsoft Remote Desktop MacOS app, if you want to login with a Microsoft Entra (aka Azure Active Directory) account, you will get an error message saying you must disable Network Level Authentication (NLA). The error code I get is 0x3107.

I am able to get around this error by editing the RDP config file and setting the enablerdsaadauth and targetisaadjoined values from "0" to "1". 

It would be immensely helpful if this option could be added in the Microsoft Remote Desktop GUI. It looks like all the functionality is there, it just needs a GUI checkbox.

This option already exists in Windows Remote Desktop if you enable the "use web account" option on the advanced tab.

I realize this is not an issue for Azure Virtual Desktop, because the config is downloaded and set up automatically. But for everyone who is using Microsoft Entra that may need to provide instructions for users to set this up, the option would make life a lot easier.

Comments
Copper Contributor

@MikeRough, Where is the config file located on MacOS that I need to edit to allow NLA connection?