iPad RD Client Full Screen / Stage Manager Support

iPad RD Client Full Screen / Stage Manager Support

Upvotes

Upvote

Aug 01 2023
7 Comments (7 New)
New

Please update the RD Client App for iOS/iPadOS to support full screen on external displays, and Stage Manager for M Series iPads. This would allow me to completely take my iPad in place of a Mac

Comments
Copper Contributor

Thanks for letting me know I wasn’t the only one with this issue. I’ve just struggled in vain for almost an hour trying to get this to work.  Back to using the RD Client on Samsung DEX.

Copper Contributor

Hi, using iPad os 17 beta and version 10.5.1 of RD client. The latest update is supposed to allow to display the remote session on external display but I still can’t utilize the full screen. Is this iPad os related or rd client related?

Copper Contributor

the full screen feature appears to be bugged, the mouse cursor is active on both display and causes weird behaviours at time to say the least. 

It’s very fond of minimising the app due to the virtual home “ button “ in the bottom center.

Also I would still want to use the tablet screen for other things such as mail, teams appa etc. this is currently not possible as it blocks the screen and minimising it causes the even the external monitor to minimise.

You are on good way! Just needs a few fixes.

Copper Contributor

I need this feature so much. Microsoft Please implement your app to support full screen on external display. I updated to ipad os 17. Still the same issue.  

Copper Contributor

Guys, i have a problem and i hope you can help me.

My workflow is to connect my IPAD via RD-Client to my Windows PC. After i see my Computer on my IPAD screen i connect it via Apple TV to my TV, so my customers and i can both look on the TV. After the last update my IPAD screen is black and i just can see the Apple TV picture. Before this Update i was able to see both (Windows on my IPAD Screen AND Apple TV). 

Thanks for help!

Copper Contributor

I was able to use RD Client on the external screen with other apps in stage manager. Now when I open the app on the external display it tells me to connect to a pc. When I open the RD Client on my iPad it takes over my external monitor completely and I can’t use other apps at the same time. Please fix this the way it was before so I can use 8 apps between both screens. 

Copper Contributor

@Cv_fix-me2 you have to open RD Client on your external display desktop.  In this way you can use RD Client as before. But if you open the app on your iPad desktop your face this problem.