Black screenshot Remote Desktop Beta

Black screenshot Remote Desktop Beta

Upvotes

Upvote

Oct 29 2021
12 Comments (12 New)
Closed

Hi,

I'm using Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta (Version 10.7.1 (1942)) with macOS 11.6 (20G165)

I'm experiencing a problem when I want to take a screenshot inside a Remote Desktop session.

The screenshot taken is always full black, wether I take it on the desktop or in the paper board.

This problem has never happened to me before and it is very annoying.

I tried using the former version of Microsoft Remote Desktop (not the beta) and the screenshot works as intented

Comments
Copper Contributor

similar/same issue potentially - since 10.7.1 the application windows for RDP Beta are invisible to any screenshot utility I use - the built-in app as well as Skitch.  

Copper Contributor

I forgot to mention it was introduced in build 1942, the issue does not occur with previous builds 1939 and lower.

Copper Contributor

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I had never experienced this issue before, but wasn't sure it was only related to this build, as I updated from Catalina to Big Sur and now Monterey at the same time.

I am now under Monterey 12.0.1 and the problem is still here (still build 1942)

Copper Contributor

Same. Came here to post the issue but there are people who meet the problem.

Copper Contributor

I can verify that this starts with build 1942 and exhibits the problem on macOS 11.6.1

Copper Contributor

Related issue - RDP is also black when sharing screen from Mac via Microsoft Teams. 

Brass Contributor

I'm on macOS 10.15.7, Remote Desktop Beta version 10.17.1 (build 1942), and I am seeing what I believe is the same problem.  A screen grab in Skitch gets whatever is behind the RDP window (another window, or the background).  It never gets the RDP session.

Copper Contributor

This looks fixed with latest build #1948.

Copper Contributor

I agree!  Thanks for the update...

Copper Contributor

Same here all good with build 1948 !

edit : there is no more screenshot issue, but I can't copy / paste from Mac to RDP or the other way around

Microsoft
Status changed to: Closed

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have observed this issue to re-occur in RDP on Version 10.9.5 (2179) on macOS.

Issue:

When I login to my server via RDP, screenshot (performed by scheduled desktop screenshots + email of png to my email.) works fine. However when I exit RDP and perform screenshot on the server again, the screenshot becomes black.

I think the exit or RDP from the server didn't set the screen back to normal. I have to restart the server again (and without any RDP into server) in order for the screenshot to work.