Edge Workspaces preview for consumer accounts now available

Microsoft

Today, we’re excited to announce that the preview of Edge Workspaces for consumer accounts is now available!

At Ignite 2022, we announced Edge Workspaces, the multiplayer browsing experience that lets you organize projects in separate, customizable browser windows which can be easily shared with others. Collaborators in a workspace share the same set of tabs so they can easily stay in sync and browse together. Previously, Edge Workspaces was only available as an enterprise public preview, but today we’re expanding that preview for anyone who wants to try it out at home on your own, or with friends and family.

Preview details:

• You will need to be signed into Microsoft Edge 111.0.1661.51 (or higher) on a PC with your Microsoft account to join the preview (macOS preview availability targeted for early April 2023).
  • You will get five invites to send to friends and family to join the preview with you.
  • We’re starting with a limited group of users to get feedback and will continue to roll out the preview to more users through the spring. 

Click here to sign up for the Edge Workspaces Consumer Preview.

Please submit feedback using the thumbs up or down prompt in the Edge Workspaces menu, or through the feedback tool in Microsoft Edge.

30 Replies
Is Workspaces only available for home users? I am getting this error while signed in with an Organizational account

ERROR: Workspaces Preview onboarding failed.
Sign into the browser with a Microsoft account and try the link again to use Workspaces.
It says "ERROR: Workspaces Preview onboarding failed. Sign into the browser with a Microsoft account and try the link again to use Workspaces." even though I'm signed in with my personal Microsoft account and that account is the only account signed in the browser.
I'm not on Windows but regardless of the account I try the link with the given code with the error I get is above.
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Correct, this Workspaces preview is intended for home users signed in with their personal MSA account. If you'd like to try Workspaces at work, your IT administrator will need to join the public preview for your organization. https://learn.microsoft.com/deployedge/microsoft-edge-workspaces
Is there any way to use the link on a personal account as it does not work for me? Is the link expired, or is the capacity full? Thanks in advance.
Nevermind I solved using Windows VM. I could not sign via macOS. Furthermore, the feature is not usable with macOS.
Correct, this consumer preview of Edge Workspaces is not yet available on macOS.

Thank you for providing an update with your solution!
This consumer preview of Edge Workspaces is currently only available on a PC and does not yet support macOS - if you are on another operating system, please let us know.
I would love to use this on Linux and macOS. Any info on when this will be available?
Fingers crossed for availability on macOS and Linux then, one of my favorite features with Vertical Tabs in Edge. Thank you for the info!

if you find that the link just goes back to this page, it means that you need to update your Edge browser: that might be a handy thing to note next to the link!

its easier to collaborate if edge has something like teamsyncbookmark extension

Problem z udostępnianiem obszarów roboczych w innych profilach przeglądarki.

1. Obecnie mam trzy różne profile w przeglądarce.

2. Po przełączeniu do innego profilu obszary ustawione w innym profilu nie są wyświetlane. Zostanie wyświetlone okno dodawania nowego obszaru. Ponadto przycisk (+) jest lekko przesunięty w górę.

3. po wklejeniu linku zaproszenia pojawia się błąd: "Jeden moment, gdy łączymy się z Twoim miejscem pracy. Błąd: nie można nawiązać połączenia z powodu błędu przetwarzania żądania URL. Spróbuj ponownie. Kod błędu: 36"

msedge_pERn5PsFez.png

@Eric_VanAelstyn 

This sort of feature is what I had hoped Collections would be, except even better because it's open to collaboration as well. Wish this had been released before my last week of college, could've been really useful for team projects lol. Really looking forward to trying this out though.
Me and my son get the same error exchanging URLs
I was trying to use on MAC OS, when is it due ?
I love this feature, specially when it automatically saves and syncs everything across devices!

For example few weeks ago I opened some tabs in a Workspace, now after reinstalling my OS on a new device, signed in, and went to Workspaces and opened it, there was my tab from few weeks ago!

@chrisguy2050 Hi there, preview is available on MacOS! You and your son likely ran into a bug with invitations that has since been fixed. Please try restarting Edge and re-inviting to the workspace. Thanks!

@RileyHager thanks. I will give it a try today and let you know if OK.