Dev Channel update to 125.0.2492.1 is live.

Microsoft

Hello insiders! We released build 125.0.2492.1 to the Dev channel! This includes numerous fixes. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.
From vision to reality: Microsoft's partners embrace AI to deliver customer value - The Official Mic...

Added Features:

• Introduced the feature of pinning to the taskbar within Site Pinning campaigns.

Improved Reliability:

• Resolved a problem that was causing the browser to crash when using the favorites feature.
  • Fixed a browser crash on android.

Changed Behavior:

• Fixed an issue that prevented the focus from being set to the tab search input field when the menu is opened.
  • Resolved a problem that caused the “Show Shopping toolbar” option to appear on the shopping page after signing in with an AAD account.
  • Resolved an issue to prevent retrieval of hashtags from hidden videos on YouTube.
  • Resolved an issue that allowed a website to be repeatedly added to the block list and displayed multiple times.
  • Resolved a problem where the speaker icon indicates sound on the site icon, even though there is no audio output following the closure of the media tab.
  • Resolved an issue where the speaker icon remained in the unmuted state even after opening the side panel and muting the application via right-click.
  • This resolved an issue that clicking ‘Share’ to print resulted in a brief blank screen for one second.
  • iOS: Fixed an issue where browser would crash after the share button was clicked in the downloaded PDF file on iOS.
  • Android:
    • Resolved an issue when activating the ‘Find on Page’ feature in landscape mode caused two toolbars to appear on android.
    • Resolved a problem that prevented file uploads on the Android version of browser Mobile.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate.
Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

~Gouri

11 Replies
my edge dev was upgraded to 125.0.2506.0 this week, yet there doesn't seem to be a post about that release yet. In any case, that build just crashes on startup for me no matter what I do. I've even tried to uninstall and re-install, but that same broken build is getting installed and crashes every time I try to open it. There used to be a way to revert back to the previous version, but it looks like this install deleted the previous version in the install directory, so I cannot revert back to the previous working build. All I can really do now is wait for the next build, so hopefully it fixes whatever the issue is and I'm able to load the browser again.
Can confirm I have the same issue. I've never faced this before in the dev channel and am naturally frustrated.

@Gouri_Murmu same issue. Note that starting inPrivate mode does not have this issue, so it must be something to do with the profile sync.

can also echo the other commenters about the new build crashing at startup, please fix asap!

@Will Y Same issue as well on 125.0.2506.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) 

Lost a few hours of productivity today trying to troubleshoot this. I guess it is my fault for trying the Dev branch. Going to try and migrate my profile to stable and see if that helps.

升级到125.0.2506.0后,每次启动和关闭edge都会让我的鼠标在屏幕上卡顿,简直糟糕透了。

@Gouri_Murmu this version is as broken as an 18 year old horse. Since the April windows update It crashes immediately on start if you have a profile.  If you start in inPrivate or blow away your profile settings it does run.  No fix available.  I've reverted to standard for now to keep being able to access things. Do you never test releases with the pre-release version of windows updates?  I get that Dev is a test product but.....

Agreed. I could see if this happened to the "canary" build. But for dev, this is super disappointing.
Same for me - had to revert to basic Edge

@Gouri_Murmu 

browser only opens in inprivate mode. normal mode will crash on start.
start happening in 125.0.2492.1

Dev 125 is crashing for me too. Same problem on multiple workstations.