SOLVED

Overview of Azure Cognitive Search

Copper Contributor

Hello -- My name is Michael. Here to learn about the topic. As there may be a variety of tech-savvy experience levels and professionals here, can you start by providing a brief overview of the Azure Cognitive Search and how Azure Global Admins or other Admins may find it valuable?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by PuneetHariharan (Microsoft)
Solution

@Admin_BHCAG 

Azure Cognitive Search (formerly known as "Azure Search") is a PaaS cloud search service that gives developers APIs and tools for building a rich search experience over private, heterogeneous content in web, mobile, and enterprise applications.

If you are creating an application that needs a "search box", Azure Cognitive Search can make take care of a lot of complexity for you. Think of all that goes into creating a great search experience:

ranking that is relevant, auto-complete, suggestions, geo-spatial queries, filters, facets, etc.

We now even support new capabilities like semantic search that use the latest in AI to provide you semantic ranking and answers (this is in preview right now).

Cognitive Search Presentations to get you started:

Cognitive Search Documentation Resources

Full List of documentation resources here, but I recommend technical folks that want to get their feet wet with our technology to start with:

I hope this was helpful! Thanks!

Luis Cabrera, Azure Cognitive Search Team

Greatly appreciate it! It seems this is something for developers, then. As I am an administrator of our Azure services and not a product developer, this is likely something I do not need to learn much more about. Thank you for your help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PuneetHariharan (Microsoft)
Solution

@Admin_BHCAG 

Azure Cognitive Search (formerly known as "Azure Search") is a PaaS cloud search service that gives developers APIs and tools for building a rich search experience over private, heterogeneous content in web, mobile, and enterprise applications.

If you are creating an application that needs a "search box", Azure Cognitive Search can make take care of a lot of complexity for you. Think of all that goes into creating a great search experience:

ranking that is relevant, auto-complete, suggestions, geo-spatial queries, filters, facets, etc.

We now even support new capabilities like semantic search that use the latest in AI to provide you semantic ranking and answers (this is in preview right now).

Cognitive Search Presentations to get you started:

Cognitive Search Documentation Resources

Full List of documentation resources here, but I recommend technical folks that want to get their feet wet with our technology to start with:

I hope this was helpful! Thanks!

Luis Cabrera, Azure Cognitive Search Team

View solution in original post