Azure Video Analyzer for Media (AVAM) aka Azure Video Indexer (VI) is an applied-AI cloud solution, hyper-scale, enterprise grade, productive media workflow solution orchestrating intelligent video and audio AI pipelines. At NAB we are announcing 16 new features, all based on our customer feedback.
Sweet 16 Set of Latest Product Enhancements
We are thrilled to announce just-in-time for NAB, 2022 the following enhancements:
Intelligent Content and Models
GA (General Availability) release: include speakers' characteristic based on a closed captioning file that you choose to download (formats: SRT, VTT, TTML, TXT, or CSV). See figure #1.
New AI model in preview: person attributes detection
40% Accuracy Improvements to observed people detection model
25% Detection Improvement to audio event detection model
New feature in Preview: Mapping between observed people and face detection - When indexing a video through our advanced video settings, you can view the new matched person detection capability. If there are people observed in your media file, you can now view the specific person who matched each of them through the media player.
New feature in Preview: Bounding boxes representation for detected faces - You can now turn on a bounding box for detected faces during indexing of the media file using the player.
Figure #1: Azure Video Indexer web portal: Option to download captions with speakers' attributes and audio effects.
7. Source languages support for Speech-to-text, translation, and search in Hebrew (he-IL), Portuguese (pt-PT), and Persian (fa-IR).
8. New regions are available: France Central, Central US, Brazil South, West Central US, Korea Central, and Japan West where you can create your own Azure Video Indexer account
Easy and Secure Account Management
9. Preview of account management based on ARM in Gov and public clouds. Account management via Azure portal and Azure CLI. For more information read here.
10. Code samples including HTTPS calls to use create, read, update and delete (CRUD) Azure resource management (ARM) API. See this sample.
Widgets Enhancements for Solution Developers
11. New npm package to add insights widgets to your app and customize it
12. Support more than 1 locale in a widget's parameter.
13. Insights widgets support initial search parameters and multiple sorting options. Insights widgets also include a confirmation step before deleting a face to avoid mistakes.
14. The widget customization now supports width as strings (for example 100%, 100vw).
15. Option to add and load external data elements in the widget.
Editing Scenario for Pre/post-production Scenarios
16. GA release of project feature allowing adding and editing video clips in a project. Read more here.
Figure #2: Azure Video Indexer web portal: edit a project based on videos from your media library
Did you miss Azure Video Indexer?
We revert from “Azure Video Analyzer for Media” (AVAM) back to “Azure Video Indexer” (aka VI) as the official product name starting May, 2022. Why? Simplicity wins. We learn that the old known name has become a word-wide brand for Video AI technology. Product documentation and marketing collaterals will be updated accordingly. Our product vision is still to empower every media owner in Azure to deeply analyze the content by extracting insights, achieving more business impact. Content is what really matters to us, not names
Figure #3: Azure Video Indexer 'fresher' logo version
Visit Intelligent Content at NAB 2022 Conference Today!
If you are attending NAB Show 2022, stop by booth #W3017 to see the latest Azure Video Indexer and Cognitive Services innovations! We’d love to meet you, learn more about your media related scenarios, and walk you through the recent features we released at NAB Show and share with you our existing roadmap.
Join us and share your feedback
For those of you who are new to our technology, we encourage you to get started today with these helpful resources: