Other Products depend on this license (Dependency Violations) Office 365 Licensing

Copper Contributor

I am using group based licensing for a different Office365 licenses and i am currently experiencing a lot of licensing errors. The most common one is the error

"Other Products depend on this license" which shows up as "Dependency Violations" using power shell.

We have multiple different licenses and have turned off some features. What i do not understand from this error is which feature of my license is in violations and which other product depends on it. I have search to find a list of Microsoft products and thier dependencies but cant find any.

Hoping someone who has an idea around this can shed some light and point me in the right direction.

4 Replies

There is no such list unfortunately, closes you can get is this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-licensing-product-and-servi...

Best advice I can give you is start small, then toggle them one by one. Some dependencies are pretty obvious, such as Office Online depending on SPO, Exchange Analytics and Threat intelligence depending on Exchange Online, etc. Others are not so obvious, such as Bookings depending on Exchange (well it's obvious if you know how it works behind the curtain, but...).

@Vasil Michev @Skywalker1 

I had the same problem and the names listed were not members of any other licenses or groups.

In the end I removed the people from the group which had errors.

Waited half an hour, then re-added them back into the same group again, which resolved the problem.

@Vasil Michev 

The licenses is assigned more than one week ago. As a requirement for Booking, do I need an Exchange Online Mailbox? When I click on the link I got an error message "We could not find a Mailbox for this recipient".