SOLVED

Yammer settings icon - displays differently for certain users

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all, 

We've noticed that for some users within our organisation, that their Yammer settings icon displays in different locations on the menu bar. For some, the icon and profile displays at the bottom of the menu, whilst for others, the icon is displayed at the top of the menu. Does anyone know why?

Many thanks!

Jane

8 Replies

Hi,

I got your same experience and I'm not able to explain it.

Can please some-one explain how is it possible? And what is the future?

Thanks

Hi Thanks to all,

Thought I was going mad/crazy - we have the same issue

Got folk to clear cache, delete cookies, log off even reboot still have the different UI

MS please advise, TIA

The Yammer team uses a lot of A/B testing so you will see variations like this in the UX. Some of the changes will eventually be released widely while others will be seen as a failed experiment and discarded.

@Geoffrey Bronner wrote:
The Yammer team uses a lot of A/B testing so you will see variations like this in the UX. Some of the changes will eventually be released widely while others will be seen as a failed experiment and discarded.

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for responding. Would this also apply to users within the same tenant?

best response
Solution

Yes, many A/B tests are with users in the same tenant.

Yes, it happens and makes fun times for IT support,

IT : ok now go to the bottom of the screen and find the cog for settings.

Customer: It's not there

IT: yes it is

Customer: Oh no it isn't 

Also makes it difficult to train anyone. 

Thanks very much everyone, really helpful information.

Hi All,

from my experience it's not much fun as it's not possible to do proper trainign to the user.

My personal opinion (and I hope also the one of many others) is that the user experience is really much much better if:

- the profile picture is diplayed at the bottom of the yammer page and not hidden under the setting icon

- the chat is on the bottom right of the screen with the chance to have the separate session wiht the green dot (if on-line) like the facebook chat and not under the group list.

I hope this A/B test will not go live for all the user