Yammer Digital Transformation - Community Event in Sydney - Summary

Contributor

Steve Nguyen / Mark Woodrow / Angus FloranceSteve Nguyen / Mark Woodrow / Angus FloranceAngus , Connie  and Steve walks the audience though the ton of features just launched or about to launch in Yammer.Angus , Connie and Steve walks the audience though the ton of features just launched or about to launch in Yammer.A couple of days ago we held a Yammer Digital Transformation Meetup in Sydney. Was aimed at a business audience and coincided with the Australian Microsoft Tech Summit. We had a lovely bunch of - as @Steve Nguyen put it - "people who love interacting with people".

Steve reminded us that even though they are bringing out lots of new features the main goal of Yammer was connecting people. Mark Woodrow also made the important point that face-to-face events such as the one this evening is so important to keep the community alive and thriving.

@Angus Florance, @Steve Nguyen and Connie Woo gave an update on where Yammer is heading and a short outline of many new exciting features. Watch this one for a full explanation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLPgcTw8HM.

Lovely stories were also told and shared. I loved Abi Goodfellow's story about the CIO in her company (a large bank with 50K staff) who that very day had run his first YamJam and was asked by an employee "I am somewhat of an introvert. How can you help me feel comfortable using Yammer?". The CIO looked around the room asking the comms/community people for advice on how to best answer, and they said "Say what you think". He wrote "Well - I am an introvert myself. How do you think I feel right now?"

Deep discussions about something importantDeep discussions about something importantScott Turner is smiling - I would too with a cold Peroni in my handScott Turner is smiling - I would too with a cold Peroni in my handPeople chatting awayPeople chatting away

@Simon Terry@Scott Ward and I did a condensed version of a talk we gave at Ignite on Yammer and Digital Transformation. At the core of this is the relationship between Yammer as the place to tap into the whole enterprise for ideas and feedback ('Outer loop'), and then the execution of work between small groups of people in Teams ('Inner loop').

Scott Ward introduces concepts around digital transformation and how you use Yammer to drive this.Scott Ward introduces concepts around digital transformation and how you use Yammer to drive this.

"Stand up everyone who is actively using Yammer in your organization!" - Amazing how few people are sitting..."Stand up everyone who is actively using Yammer in your organization!" - Amazing how few people are sitting...Simon and I talk about Yammer maturity and measurementSimon and I talk about Yammer maturity and measurement

The three of us had given a similar talk at Ignite in Orlando a couple of months ago which is available here - https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/Microsoft-Ignite-Orlando-2017/BRK2140

Finally - many, many thanks goes to QBE who hosted the event and to Microsoft who covered the costs and showered us all with lovely Yammer t-shirts.

View from QBE's offices where the Meetup was held - not bad, eh?View from QBE's offices where the Meetup was held - not bad, eh?

Before it was all eaten...Before it was all eaten...

All in all a fantastic afternoon in great company with people who are driving business outcomes that all are achieved faster with collaboration tools.

(Thanks to @Steve Nguyen for taking photos)

1 Reply

Great recap.

(off topic: I was once told that Peroni better tastes about as good as you can expect from a country famous for making wine).