New Yammer Network mobility Access

Frequent Contributor

After Office 365 Yammer Group moved to network.office.com, what will happen to the existing Yammer network, especially we all lose access to Office 365 Yammer Network on the Mobile APP?

6 Replies

"The current Office 365 Network will permanently redirect to the new community starting September 1, 2016."

After that all those threads will be unavailable, I guess.

Yes, Microsoft will bring over threads and topics that they feel are pertinent, but if there's anything in particular from that network that you want to save, especially from any non-Microsoft-created group, copy'n'paste to a doc soon.

Thanks. If i understand correctly, since it is a backend redirect, I hope no action required from Yammer Mobile Client, and it will continue to work. For the desktop, how do we location, will it show as a External Network or we always have to go to network.office.com? I dont own any groups, so i am not worried about but suprising to hear copy and paste? So if someone has 10k post, comments, etc require copy and paste?

Hi @Darwin Jebha - this is a new platform that this community site - network.office.com - is running on, so it's no longer powered by Yammer.

From September 1 2016 onwards you'll need to navigate to it difreclty through your browser, it's not accessbile via the Yammer app. It's possible in the future, a mobile app will be available specifically for this communty.

This chnage won't affect your home Yamer network or any other Yammer external networks to which you are a member, it's only this Office 365 community that is changing.

Thanks for the details. But this transition is not great to me, these might have been better. However, what will happen if a company has MFA on the tenant? In order to access this network, MFA is required which creates bad user experience.

Since this network is just a publicly accessible website, it is subject to whatever practices your organization uses for employees to access the public internet through their browsers.