Is it true that wave #1 of Office 365 Groups integration is not fully rolled out to all tenants yet?

Contributor

Is it true that wave #1 of Office 365 Groups integration is not fully rolled out to all tenants yet? I thought it was. I'm now being told it's not.

6 Replies
I can't confirm as I don't work at Microsoft, but it's not realistic to expect that all tenants globally can be done at the same time.

How about in the U.S.? What about for those with First Release turned on?

If the first wave is not complete yet, when will it be?

As I said, I can't confirm as I don't work for Microsoft - but generally those with First Release enabled in the US will get it first.

Phase 1 of the rollout is reported as Launched on the roadmap. This is the initial availability to tenants with 1:1 network and have Office 365 identity enforced. In phase 1, new Yammer groups also have an Office 365 Group provisioned and connected. 

I see a message in my Office 365 Message Center that Phase 2 will begin in May. This will provision Office 365 Groups for existing Yammer groups. The same Yammer network conditions apply. (1:1, O365 ID enforced.)

I see that message also. What's unclear to me is what happens when I already have a companion SharePoint site for a Yammer group....  it would be nice to be able to pair up with existing resources like yoou can with Teams and existing Groups.

How did you create the existing companion relationship between your Yammer group and a SharePoint site. Is it loosely connected? I.e. You created a team site as you normally would and published the link to the Yammer group?