External Network - deleted users still getting notifications

Occasional Contributor

Hi, we've got a few ex-members of an external network who continue to get notifications (daily / weekly digest) after being removed from the external network and I can't work out why. I've exported the users as network admin and they are marked as "soft_delete". But this appears to be as 'deleted' as we can get them. How can we remove them completely? Do we need to block them as well?

5 Replies

Hi Stephen,

I see two ways of managing this: either go to https://developer.yammer.com/docs/usersidjson-2 and see if this delete-method, at least as I read it, is more of a final delete. Or, as a workarund, I guess you could try and update their emailaddresses to some nonsense address... That will still mean the are able to re-register on your network, I think

Thanks, I'll have a look at both options. 

The notifications should stop so I would open a support ticket on that before doing anything else.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but it's good to have it confirmed. 

Seconding @Geoffrey Bronner.  And @Eric Thunberg, I have tried that, but after a few hours, the user comes up as soft_delete again, if you have that soft delete setting in the admin page.  

Definitely shouldn't be sending digests to deleted accounts though.  Probably a leftover bug from the recent adjustments they've made to digests.