08-19-2016 06:48 AM
08-19-2016 06:48 AM
There have been many lengthy announcements regarding updates to the Yammer email notifications. A few questions:
1. Does the 'subscribe to this group by email' still send an email for every new post made in a group?
2. I'm not certain what notifications are still relevant, which ones are? (This is important for user training).
3. Are the notification check boxes in your profile going to be going away?
08-19-2016 12:22 PM - edited 08-19-2016 12:22 PM
1. If you subscribe to a group, you will get an email notifications for every newly started conversation. If from there you choose not to follow or participate in that conversation, we won't keep sending you every reply.
2. My preference for training new or infrequent users of Yammer is to ensure at a minimum they leave the following checked in the notifications settings:
- Daily or Weekly DIgest
- I receive a message in my inbox
- Someone invites me to a group
3. There aren't any plans to make changes to these. They are all still relevant.
08-26-2016 04:38 AM
Does the 'I receive a message in my inbox' still send off an email to group members when an announcement is posted? I'm having reports of users not receiving emails upon announcements even though they have that first notification box checked.
08-26-2016 09:52 AM
Thanks. One other question, has the alogrithim behind the top conversation/digest emails changed? I have users reporting they are only getting emails that pertain to a certain group or two, not conversations from across the network that were genreally applicable to them.
09-05-2016 08:27 AM
09-07-2016 12:00 AM
09-07-2016 05:01 AM
09-13-2016 09:18 AM
11-06-2017 02:11 AM
Found this relatively old thread, so thought I'd post a related question here.
I'm still not clear on how a group member controls how they get Announcement emails. Or if a Group Admin can control this in any way.
I get how group members get group activity emails (which means anything posted PLUS announcements, I guess?) i.e. tick the 'Subscribe to this group by email' box, or via the Notification settings.
But how does a group member control Announcement emails specifically?
Here's the list of options I get in my Notification settings, nowhere do I see anything about Announcements: