Admin Center - Usage Report - Meaning

New Contributor

Can anyone provide information or a link to it what the figures mean and how i can interpret these:

• What is counted as 'Posted'? Just original messages or also Replys?
  • The same for Read. If i read a post with three replys, is the number of Reads = 4 (1+3) or just 1?
  • The same for Liked. If someone likes a reply, is this counted as well or just the Like of an original post?
  • Can i add the User figures of Posted, Read and Liked to get the total number of unique users that day? Or does the number of Reads automatically includes the number of Posts and Likes?

2 Replies

please find below some answers to your questions

(this is just my understanding - i do not work for MS :)

What is counted as 'Posted'? Just original messages or also Replys?

Originally messages as well reply's are "messages" from the perspective of yammer. So we would see for a orig message and for a reply two unique message IDs.

A reply has the relation ot the orig message (thread_id)

--> my answer:  Posted includes all original message + all Replies

The same for Read. If i read a post with three replys, is the number of Reads = 4 (1+3) or just 1?

I would say yes, but i'm not sure on that

The same for Liked. If someone likes a reply, is this counted as well or just the Like of an original post?

"Likes" are assigned to the message_id. So if you have 2 replies to a message and you give for each reply + orig message a "like" , it would count a total of 3 then.

Can i add the User figures of Posted, Read and Liked to get the total number of unique users that day? Or does the number of Reads automatically includes the number of Posts and Likes?

I'm not sure, sorry

Extending on that - what exactly is a read? Is that me scrolling through the feed and seeing it? Or is that actually clicking on the message to open up the message. Some people scroll and remove the "Unread" part in their groups, but they're not actually "reading"....