** Update on July 19, 2022: Teams Q&A is Generally Available. Please see https://aka.ms/QnAinTeams **
Today at Microsoft Ignite, we announced that the Q&A app for Teams meetings and webinars is now available for public preview. The Q&A app has been in private preview with many customers powering a range of meetings and webinars, and now - and thanks to their invaluable testing - we’re ready for more customers to use it and share their feedback on the experience.
Add Q&A to a Webinar or Meeting from the Teams
By including Q&A in any Teams Meeting or Webinar, event organizers add the ability for attendees to have a focused, structured conversation where they can ask questions and engage in the discussion with the rich social Q&A features that they know and love.
There are two types of core experiences: Unmoderated and Moderated Q&A.
- Unmoderated Q&A enables all attendee questions to be immediately posted into the Q&A feed for your Webinar or Meeting.
- Moderated Q&A requires questions to be reviewed by the Organizer, before being published for attendees to view and comment on.
Moderated Q&A: Organizers can choose to publish or dismiss attendee questions.
All attendees - whether they are a part of your Microsoft 365 tenant, a federated Microsoft 365 tenant or a Guest user, get the same user experience in Q&A. They can ask questions, reply to questions, and post reactions from the Desktop, Web and Mobile Teams experience.
Stay tuned, we’ll be adding even more experiences to Q&A in 2022. Of course, we’re eager to hear from you on your experience with the Q&A app and hope to hear about the features you want us to build. Here are some highlights:
- Meeting Delegate can add Q&A: Currently Q&A can only be added by the Meeting organizer in Teams. Soon, we’ll support Delegates (e.g., Corporate Comms, Exec Admin roles) to also add Q&A to meetings that they organized on behalf of others.
- Enable directly from Outlook and Teams Calendar: Easily set up Q&A at the time of your event creation in Outlook and Teams.
- Teams Meeting attendance report: See how attendees engaged in your event with Questions, Answers, Reactions and more through the attendance report and data export.
- Anyone can join: Users without Microsoft 365 credentials can join Teams Webinars and Meetings and use Q&A.
- Post a question anonymously: Attendees can choose to post a question into Q&A anonymously (configurable by the Organizer).
- Advanced Moderator tools: Ability for moderators to “spotlight a question”, mark answered live, enable GIFs, etc.
The Q&A in Teams Team.