Home

Q6: Any other questions or topics you would like to ask the MVPs and product team?

Highlighted
Former Employee

Q6: Any other questions or topics you would like to ask the MVPs and product team?

12 Replies
Highlighted
I would love to hear the MVPs fist take on Teams. Just like your first impression. Then your second. Thanks!
Highlighted
How do you apply to be a Yammer MVP?
Highlighted

My first impressions of Microsoft Teams and Yammer commentary.

Second impressions - still like it, I didn't want to, but I do. I look forward to updates in the public preview and want to build a bot for it.

Highlighted

He Dean, Teams is a new way to work, you can have many tools to do almost the same, but the end user will decide what is the best to each phase of the process / project / idea. For example if you need an imediate response you can use Skype for Business, if you need to be more personal you will use email. It always depends on the Urgent / Theme / Sensivity / Case of the message.

Highlighted

Why cant we take election votes on Yammer :P...

jokes aside, keep up the good work and keep us engaged, we are the front line people taking the hits in the field. Life is hard enough when we tell people to change their work habits, when product has limitations its even harder..simple example - tired of explaining why they can't edit their posts and have to delete and repost. Help us help you ! Cheers

Highlighted

The short answer is contribute massively to the community :)

https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-US/pages/what-it-takes-to-be-an-mvp

Remember that the award is for work over the last year (it's an award for what you have done, not what you will do).

Also ETA you can nominate yourself as well as having an existing MVP nominate you at the MVP site listed above.

Highlighted

I think Teams looks good... shiny in a way that my colleagues will want to try, with a good amount of functionality and integration under the hood that might keep users in place once the novelty begins to wear off.

That said, email culture is email culture, and behavior change is behavior change. Whether it's Yammer or Teams or a hybrid or a new platform yet to come, learning to work out loud is the challenge for my company for the medium to long term.

Highlighted
Thank you guys and @simonterry @ragnarheil for arranging this event during #WOLweek. It was great to start using this new network #yamjamstyley but it has some quirky features. Looking forward to seeing Microsoft at #SmileLondon this coming Monday. Facebook Workplace will also be there.
Highlighted
First impression: Looks super fun to use! Second impression: Good stuff, but for me, Yammer is the place for serendipitous discovery and collaboration and for building a community of practice. Different collaboration modalities. Different use cases. Same ecosystem.
Highlighted
Highlighted
@Dean Swann - Teams - great tool for small groups to work simultaneously, quickly, for a short time. For those who are old like me, think IRC. For those who aren't, think conference call. Wholly different from Yammer, which is for enterprise collaboration, and / or where conversation needs to last for longer periods of time, building culture and collaboration.
Highlighted

Hi @Lesley Crook - if you're interested in the MVP program you can learn more at https://mvp.microsoft.com/ and be specific on what contributions you have made in this community, or other ways you've advocated for Yammer.  Yammer MVPs are great community leaders, reach a large population of followers and share valuable content.  Let us know how you do this and complete the nomination form and that is how you get started!  There is a quarterly award cycle for MVPs.

Related Conversations
Integrating Microsoft team in my web application
lostincloud in Teams Developer on
1 Replies
Teams Constantly Shows Unread in Other Teams Account
Slarti in Microsoft Teams on
2 Replies
A problem with the Zoom level of a Tab
Tavory in Discussions on
9 Replies
Entire Team Disappeared
rpglennj in Microsoft Teams on