SOLVED

Word Styles panel blank

Iron Contributor

Hi,

my Styles pane (not gallery) is somehow blank. All Styles are there, I can even click them - however all I see is blank space and empty boxes. This in both cases with Show preview enabled or disabled. I have tried Safe mode but result is the same.

Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15227.20000) 64-bit

Microsoft Windows 22H2 Build 22616.1

Any suggestions what should I try to mitigate the problem?

Thank you! 🙏🏼

2022-05-07_23h05_06.png

10 Replies
Try performing an On-Line repair of the Office installation as detailed in the Knowledge Base article at:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c...

@Malatheon 

2206 is an Insider version of Office, I believe. You may want to ask your question in the Office Insider forum at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/officeinsider/forum?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All.

Also, report this to Microsoft using the Feedback facility in Word.

@Stefan_Blom 

Thank you for pointing me to the right forum, sorry about wrong post here.

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this problem? The same happening here.

I didn't find a dedicated topic in the developer tab.

Hi, @rmangabeira,

I have reported the issue to the Feedback hub and via Feedback in Word. For me, it is still persisting and in the feedback hub it got zero likes or comments from other users.
I have also tried quick and online repair without any success.
best response confirmed by Malatheon (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Malatheon 

Hey.
I was able to resolve this issue after changing the update channel to "current" instead of "beta".

Hm... that would be it, we will see if it gets fixed in this week's update and if not, I will have to revert as well. Hopefully it got noticed. When it will be fixed, I will post an update here. Thanks!
Remember to report the issue via the Feedback facility, if you haven't already done so. :)
Yes, I did already, but I also gave in and switched channels to preview from beta, here everything works. I will keep my eyes on release notes and give it a try again when there is a new version.
Happy to report that the bug has been fixed in the latest release :party_popper:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Malatheon (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Malatheon 

Hey.
I was able to resolve this issue after changing the update channel to "current" instead of "beta".

View solution in original post