word page spacing problem

Copper Contributor

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png.

I am editing an existing word document. when  am doing that if I remove some data in the middle it creates some empty pages?

and I can't see the empty page in word when I am editing it. it is showing like the second picture

please help me in doing this

6 Replies
Can you upload a copy of the document so that we can investigate the issue. To upload a copy of the document, click on the "Open full text editor" link that appears below the reply space when you click on Reply.

@sharath2055 

You should look at Improving the Bottom Line by Suzanne Barnhill, MVP .

If there are completely blank pages, they are probably intended and are caused by odd-page section breaks.

How to remove them

@sharath2055 

Without seeing the actual document, we can only guess at what might be causing the issue.

You should click on the Show\Hide Pilcrow (¶) button on the Home tab of the ribbon so that you can see all of the formatting marks in the document.

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1670140549572.png

If you see a Section Break

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1670140720466.png

Either select it and delete it, or use the Replace facility to replace ^b with nothing. However, be warned that may affect your document in other ways.

If you see a Page Break

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_2-1670140826464.png

Either select it and delete it, or use the Replace facility to replace ^m with nothing.

@sharath2055 

Your screen shot indicates that you are using the online (browser-based) version of Word. That version does not display headers and footers (unless you open them for editing or switch to the reading view) and it also does not display any blank pages that may be added by page breaks or section breaks.

As other contributors have suggested, a sample document would help us diagnose the issue in detail.