Word online - Formatting & Track changes

Copper Contributor

Hi teams,

We're using ShP Online as the storage for the documents within our document mgmt system. With that said, we have a document, that is changed by different Parties along the way. In the final stage,all changes should be reviewed and either accepted or rejected. We're experiencing problems with:

- accepting all changes at once (is it possible to accept all in Word Online? any workarounds?)

- changing in formatting if you download the document and open it in desktop app (the formatting changes and you have to spent hours of working time to correct the formatting, esp. tables and lists

Has anyone ever faced anything like the above? I'd be grateful for sharing your experience

Thanks,

Nastya

2 Replies

Hello @NastyaDashchynskaya ,

co-authoring changing formats/corrupting documents is a known issue, ESPECIALY if some use the on-line version and some the desktop version. They are two different applications; the background files with formatting get overwritten, hence changing formatting and corrupting documents. A nightmare. We all suffer from this decision.

And we all suffer the consequences :(. No fix.

I wonder if we all sent Microsoft our corrupted documents to have them fixed or reformatted (as a consequence of two different environments) how quickly would Microsoft come with a fix.

Word on-line lacks many features of the desktop application.

Thanks, that's what I thought... Just was wondering, if by any case there might be a workaround, people use. Anyway, seems the only solution is to find an editor, who will be doing this monkey job. Don't seem to be a good one for the reputation of IT-companies...