SOLVED

WORD malfunction

Copper Contributor

My word reference function is incomplete when selecting styles i only get two styles .Got assistance from technicians they tried correcting it by reinstalling Microsoft 365 still the function could not be corrected  .Can any engineers on this platform please respond.

My issue is considered advance/level where support is provided through our Microsoft Tech communities.

7 Replies
Are you talking about Cross-references? In which case, what exactly do you mean by "Styles"? If you mean Headings, it is only the ones that have been inserted into the document that will be available for cross-referencing.
However, if you are talking about being able to apply a particular style to some text, press CTRL+SHIFT+S to activate the Apply Styles dialog.
best response confirmed by USER33490 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No @Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP am talking about the Bibliography style where you select citation styles for essays such as APA style and chicago style or MLA style .So My word seems not to have as many options as it only has APA edition and MLA 7th edition only and i want to use Havard style of citing and creating of references or bibliographies .

The technical team tried even to the extent of removing old Office and reinstalling a new office still that wouldnt change.

@USER33490 

Generally, Microsoft is slow on providing updated versions of the bibliography styles. 

In most cases, it is probably better to use third-party software for citations & bibliography management.

@USER33490 

I do not know of any of the bibliography referencing styles that is up to date in Word so even if you find the right one you are likely going to have to do manual revisions.

Which style, in particular, are you looking for?

See:

@USER33490 

To clarify, you should definitely see more than two bibliography styles. The exact number may be different in different versions of Word (I am not sure). See if repairing the installation helps.

Bibliography_styles_Word_365.png

Goodday all,
@ Stefan_Blom ,Microsoft technicians tried repairing and re installation but failed .Havard Style is what i was looking for . Unless you know a different way of reparing .

@USER33490 

As long as you did an online repair, I don't know of any additional options. 

A manual uninstallation followed by a reinstallation would be a possibility, but there is no guarantee that it would work, unfortunately. :(

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by USER33490 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No @Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP am talking about the Bibliography style where you select citation styles for essays such as APA style and chicago style or MLA style .So My word seems not to have as many options as it only has APA edition and MLA 7th edition only and i want to use Havard style of citing and creating of references or bibliographies .

The technical team tried even to the extent of removing old Office and reinstalling a new office still that wouldnt change.

View solution in original post