SOLVED

Word 2010 How to create a shortcut for a new document that uses a Personal Template?

Copper Contributor

I know it is only a few key presses to create a new document form a Personal Templates, but I would like to add a link to directly open a specific template (or a window with My Templates) either form the Quick Access shortcut or the File menu.

One other option would be to add a new tab (to right of View) with a list of personal templates.

I have looked lots of places but cannot find any of these options - I am sure there is a simple solution.

Thanks ColinK2

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ColinK2 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ColinK2 

Go to File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Set the top left dropdown to "All Commands". Select the "New Document or Template..." item and click the Add button.

1.png

When you click that button on the Quick Access Toolbar, the old classic "New" dialog will open and show you all your Personal Templates.

2.png

Perfect solution.

I was nearly there but too many options to find it.

Your help was really appreciated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ColinK2 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ColinK2 

Go to File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Set the top left dropdown to "All Commands". Select the "New Document or Template..." item and click the Add button.

1.png

When you click that button on the Quick Access Toolbar, the old classic "New" dialog will open and show you all your Personal Templates.

2.png

View solution in original post