When acting on formulas, a message appears: "Editor version 3.0 is not supported"

Copper Contributor

Hello Dear forum users!
Dear Microsoft Support!
This question is related to the Word computer program.
Recently we received such an assignment. The assignment concerns the computer layout using three programs: Microsoft Word, Adobe Indesign and MathType. We need to make the original layout of the book, which contains a lot of formulas. It seems that these formulas were typed in different versions of Word.
The user (the layout designer) has Microsoft Office 365 installed on her computer.
Figuratively speaking, the work consists of several parts: such parts that are edited and such parts that for some reason are not edited and not converted.
4 chapters of the monograph formulas are editable, converted to MathTure 2018 objects.
The other 5 chapters: all formulas are placed in the layout as eps (but are not opened by either Word formula editor or MathType), when processing formulas in word365, a short message appears ("version 3.0 editor is not supported").
Unfortunately, no screenshot of the message could be made at the moment. The message appears for a few seconds and then disappears.
Note: I also have a sample formula file available in Word format. You can download a formula sample file using the following link.
Question: how do I handle the formulas regarding the part of the work where the message "version 3.0 editor is not supported" appears?

(Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)).

More information about Microsoft Equation 3.0 (MEE) formula editor:
Editing formulas created with Formula Editor (Microsoft) (microsoft.com).

Video on a similar topic:
Video title: "Where Microsoft Equation formula editor is missing".

Good afternoon!
I'm sending you information about the Equation 3.0 formula editor on Microsoft's website (link).

More information at the link.

0 Replies