Unable to create rapid styles

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

It's been a few weeks now, every time I'm creating a rapid style in Microsoft Word (I'm sorry if that's not the right wording, I'm using it in french) it does not want to registrer and changes everything in my document with something else. I uninstalled the whole thing and still does the same. Do you guys have a solution ? I'm using a MacOS Monterey 12.5.1 on a Mac Studio. 

Thanks !

2 Replies
What do you mean by a "rapid style"? What are the steps that you use to create one?

@dbelice 

Are you perhaps referring to Quick Style sets, which is the term in English?

I don't know if Word for Mac supports style sets in the same way that Word for Windows does... 

Generally, each style set is saved as a document template (*.dotx). In Word for Windows, the current Quick Style set is accessible via the gallery on the Home tab. It is a collection of styles grouped together. When you switch to a different style set, other styles (or the same style names with different formatting) will be shown in the gallery. 

Stefan_Blom_0-1661280264646.png

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-and-remove-styles-from-the-quick-styles-gallery-21c5b... (which unfortunately appears to exclusively discuss Word for Windows).