Template reset

Copper Contributor

when I start new document every paragraph appears in a box and the text does not inserts but deletes.  how do I start a new document as a blank page

5 Replies
Go to File>Options>Advanced and in the "Show document content" section of the dialog, uncheck the box for "Show text boundaries"/

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Thank you for your quick response. I am working on Mac and it's different, no advanced. I think I solved this problem but now I have another. When I type in the document and move the cursor to a middle of a text it deletes text that follows. How do I fix that?  

What action are you performing after moving the cursor to that position?

Is anything selected (highlighted) at that time?
No, nothing is highlighted. I just want to insert a word into a sentence. I remember that other keyboard I used to work in windows environment had an insert/delete button and when selected it would allow me to insert text into a sentence. I don't see it on Mac keyboard. I go to Word and preference/view. There I found the text boundaries which I unchecked and that solve the frame around text problem. Should I unchecked the highlight as well? Thank you again for you help.
Thank you. I found the solution. It was in text editing.