Shareable AutoText Templates

Copper Contributor

Hi forum,

I am trying to create a folder full of .dotx templates that can be easily shared via usb drive or network. The folder is full of scopes for units, and they're already formatted and have all the relevant information and then some. The end goal is for me to be able to share this folder with a coworker and they can easily drop in all the necessary formatted scopes into the word doc they're working on via the AutoText feature, or they can search for it in the building block organizer. Based on what I've gathered from the internet, the templates need to be added to word's startup folder (C:\Users\mwalden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP) however I already have the files in this folder and they are not showing up in the building block organizer. I have also tried putting the .dotx files in other folders such as C:\Users\mwalden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\LiveContent\16\User\Word Document Building Blocks\1033, and they still will not show up in the building block organizer. I've tried restarting word and my computer but no luck. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and I know there is an easier way to give everyone access to these scope documents instead of having them highlight every individual doc and save to AutoText gallery.

Thank you

0 Replies