Removing AutoCorrect/Capatalize first letter of sentance for sentances starting with "x4"

Copper Contributor

I work for a company that begins with a lowercase letter followed by a number... call it "x4 Solutions Inc".  I start a lot of sentences with "x4 Solutions" and both word and outlook capitalize the "x".  The lower case x is important for our branding so I am constantly fighting the auto-correct.

Is there a way to create an exception for the text "x4" so that it does not capitalize the x when starting sentences with this text?

Under Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > AutoCorrect > Exceptions it seems like I cannot create exceptions for words that contain a number.  I prefer not to disable auto cap feature if possible.

1 Reply

@alexpollema Type x4 Solutions into a document and select it and then go to File>Options>Proofing>AutoCorrect Options and you will see the x4 Solutions in the replace With: space.  Insert something like x4 in the Replace: space and then click on Add.  The in a document when you type x4 and press the space bar, it will be replaced by x4 Solutions (without the x being capitalized).

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1648329014103.png