Recovering a unsaved word file after four days

Copper Contributor

Hi experts,

I know the unsaved word documents (.asd files) are saved in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles up to four days (tested myself).  But Is there any way to recover an unsaved word document after four days? I am using Microsoft 365 Word. Without going into much details, this is the only possible(?) way to recover my 10 days of work on for a blog post and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies

@ranjanmano167 

You can search for AutoRecovery files (*.asd) and see what you find.

You can use AutoRecover to recover unsaved word documents in windows 10. MS Word will automatically search for AutoRecover files every time it begins. And then it shows any data found in the Document Recovery task pane. If the Document Recovery pane doesn’t open, manually browse for auto-recovered files. To perform this process, you can use any of the following procedures according to your MS Word version:

Try looking in the Recycle Bin. While I do see some ASD files there, they appear to be AutoRecovery and LiveRecovery files only and there do not see any files that contain the (Unsaved-[Number]) in the filename as is the case with some of the files in the UnsavedFiles folder.