Multi Level List - Not Running in Numerical Order!

Copper Contributor

My Multi List Level won't run in order properly! :(

The 5th Level is just continuing on from it'self instead of linking to the sections it's under, i.e. I need it to go:

2.1.1, 2.1.2 etc

2.1.1.1, 2.1.1.2 etc

Then 

4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 etc

4.1.1.1, 4.1.1.2 etc

It's correct on the 2 section, but is just continuing to run numerically in section 4 (showing 3.1.1.1 etc)

Any ideas?!!!

Photos attached!

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPG

3 Replies
If you upload a copy of the document, we will investigate the issue

@Tedwards1994 

Since only certain paragraphs are affected, clicking in them and pressing Ctrl+Q (ResetPara) should help. This assumes that the numbering has been set up correctly (https://shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/numbering20072010.html).

As Doug suggested, you can share a sample document with the forum, and someone will have a look. :)

Hello @Tedwards1994 ,

thank you especially for the last snap shot. If I am seeing it correctly, it shows four digits, but only the first and the last are in a grey field, meaning that only those are automatic. This means, that the two digits in between are typed in and will ALWAYS show unchanged.

You need to replace them with the previous levels.

To check, you can instead of the typed 1.1. for example A. A., or even better a nonsense character, like ?. ?. and this will appear there, too, as it is TYPED. As a proof to you.

The solution is to correct the numbering so that it shows previous levels (digits will show in a grey field), not typed characters, and you should be fine.

Lenka_Kerumova_0-1650441618988.png