MS WORD document does not share to an online site for download

Copper Contributor

Hi, When I copy an MS Word document I cannot upload just the file without taking the entire direcctory.

How can a copy and upload just that file?

Thank you,

Barbm1227 

11 Replies
To what site are you trying to upload the file?
It was an employment site asking to upload my resume, which document is on MSWord.
If you provide the URL to the employment site, I will check to see if it is an issue with that particular site.
I need to find it. However, I have had this issue in the past when I select a file to upload ti a site in an google email it takes the entire directory. It might be my MS WORD version is 2010?

@Barbm1227 

In Gmail when you click on the paperclip to attach a file and then select just one file

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1643485428343.png

it is only that file that will be attached to the message

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1643485451970.png

No. It takes the entire directory where file is stored.

@Barbm1227 

Hi Doug,

I just sent myself a test email and attached resume successfully.  The problem then is when I have to upload that same file to a site requesting the upload. It takes the entire directory! I forget which site but this issue has happened in the past.

Thanks if  you can help. 

Hi Doug,
I just sent myself a test email and attached resume successfully.  The problem then is when I have to upload that same file to a site requesting the upload. It takes the entire directory! I forget which site but this issue has happened in the past.
Thanks if  you can help. 
Hi Doug,

I just sent myself a test email and attached resume successfully. The problem then is when I have to upload that same file to a site requesting the upload. It takes the entire directory! I forget which site but this issue has happened in the past.
Thanks if you can help.
It is not possible to provide any more assistance without knowing with which site you say that you had the problem.
It seems ti be when its an upload and its happened on many sites in the past.

I attacheca file tu ne as a test using grnsik and later attached a file to an AMEX dispute.

I will see if a can find the site for the
resume and send to you.