Microsoft Word 2016 - Nested Field Code problem

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have problem with Field Codes in Word Office 2016. I see that formula like below shows on two different PC different values on the same page. For instance incase of first PC it shown value 

"REVISED PAGES 5, 7, 12" on page number 10. In case of second PC value is

"NO REVISION IS INTRODUCED IN THIS PAGE" on the same page. I will be appreciate for any advice.

Tomasz565_0-1630495531727.jpeg

Regards

Tom

4 Replies

@Tomasz565 

Since page numbering and pagination are involved, the first thing to test is if both computers are using the same printer or (more specifically) if they are using the same printer driver

To a certain extent, Word is dependent on the printer driver when it lays out the document. This can affect text flow (and field results). This is a "left-over" from the days when word processing documents were basically intended to be read in printouts, only. 

@Stefan_Blom 

Hi,

For test I have changed  on my college PC  default printer to different one. I see that result is the same wrong. Still the field code value it's different and incorrect. What I can I do ?

Regards

Tom

@Tomasz565 

Last week, I asked a fellow Word MVP for input, but he wasn't able to solve this, either. :(

@Stefan_Blom 

Hi,

I have more details which can help to solve the problem. I see that problem didn't exist in version that I had before Version 2002 (Build 12527.20278) but it exists in version that I have now Version 2102 (Build 13801.20864)  where you have made some modification regarding fields .

Word

• We fixed an issue where Word may not be responding during proofing.

• We fixed an error when updating Fields in Word.

Regarding my case it looks like following.

I use following field code.

Tomasz565_0-1631613822598.png

For page number 5 the value generated by field code should be "Revised where marked <1>"

but in case of body of document value is correct but in case of footer the valued is "Revised where". It seems that Word cuts field code value in footer.

The following problem I have not only me because I have found following topic.

Tomasz565_1-1631615078871.jpeg

Please the problem is urgent because we  have a lot of users who have big issue with documents where this bug it's present. 

Regards

Tomasz C.