macros are bloqued in word

Copper Contributor

since yesterday my macros in word are bloqued when I try to create a document for a software program : C:\Users\JDVELEZ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

Please contact me at email address removed for privacy reasons. I will wait for you reply.

17 Replies

As posted by fellow MVP, Jay Freedman in another forum:

Microsoft has recently stepped up its campaign to block macros that install or act as malware, as described at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/security/internet-macros-blocked . That article gives a long list of steps to take to make sure that you use only macros that you know are safe.

If the macros in your templates are ones that you wrote yourself, or that came from a source you know and trust, then the simplest way to prevent the Office security routines from blocking them is in a single bullet point about halfway down the page:

• If you're not using digital signatures, you can save the template file to a Trusted Location and have users get the template file from that location.

@jdvelez1 

hello, thanks for your answer

i have being using a very simple macros tha i have created..... like a botton to insert some text o image...  but now are bloqued

i have changed in several ways the trust center options and now they work in a extrañe way... one document yes and the next no....

what can I do ???   this is important for my work

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Can you show us the code used ni the macros and where do you have them.

If the macros are required to be used on any document, they should be in a macro enabled template (*.dotm) file that is saved to:

C:\Users\JDVELEZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup

If the macros are in a template from which the document is created, that should be saved in

C:\Users\JDVELEZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

By default, both of those folders are Trusted Locations.
thanks for your help

if i open a word document the macros are fine, but i use a old software to create a word documents, the first one created with the program is fine, my macros work ok, but in the second created document with the same software the macros are bloked...

my macrtos are to paste a image using a single click in word
Where do you have the document\template that contains the macros?

Can you show us the code in the macro.

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

is it posible to send you a video of the problem??? 

@jdvelez1 When you click on Reply, click on the Open full text editor link 

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1663023597757.png

and then you will see the following screen with facilities to drag and drop or browse for attachments.

HOWEVER, WE ARE REALLY GOING TO NEED TO SEE THE CODE THAT YOU ARE USING. 

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1663023735354.png

@jdvelez1 

THANKS A LOT AGAIN !!!!

The macros are very simple... are donde with the macro recording of word and by my self

There is no way that I can help you if you do not provide a copy of the macros. The best way to do that would be to send me a copy of the template in which they are located.
i am tryng to send you a normal.dotm but I do not see the seame area in which I place the video
I have made a simple macro in word 365 just lo insert a picture.... i do not know how to locaste te exct code... is in word 365
and it is used to the best of my knowlge in the normal. dotm

@jdvelez1 

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1663070639466.png

and you will see

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1663070710382.png

i am sending normal.dotm... please change extension form docx to dotm

@jdvelez1 

@jdvelez1 Save the file contained in the attached archive into the Word Startup folder that is located at

C:\Users\JDVELEZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup

and which, by default should be a "Trusted Location"

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!  NOW MY DATA BASE IS WORKING FINE AGAIN.... YOU ARE VERY VERY CLEVER

THANKS A LOT !!!!!