How to get support for the Android Version of Word?

Brass Contributor

Please don't tell me to go here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Word/bd-p/InsiderWord

I've tried there and the developers don't communicate. I've had a bug with Word for Android since April and they aren't talking about it. Perhaps there's a way to escalate my issue up the chain?

Thanks,

George D

@AdilAhmed

8 Replies

@George_D 

What is your issue George? 

Just deployed 6000 android devices, so maybe able to help.

When used on my Pixel 2 XL, Word for Android doesn't track where I edit.

I use Word at home on my Windows 10 desktop. It tracks my edits. My Android tablet, a Nvidea Shield, tracks my edits. When I open a document on those devices, I have the option to pick up where I left off.

Word on my phone stopped displaying the "where you left off." option back in March of this year. Occasionally it'll pop up on an old document that hasn't been opened since. But once opened on the phone, the phone no longer tracks it. 

Note that the "Where you left off'" option is still available on the documents opened on my phone, it's just for older edits, not ones recently made on the phone.

George

@tweetiepie1983 

@George_D 

Morning George.

Sorry for the delay, We have Samsung J5's and J6's in our environment.

To get over this issue, our users use the track changes feature, with the mark all option set..

This shows all changes, made and by who..

If this doesn't help let me know and will investigate further for you..

Where are these settings?

@tweetiepie1983 

So, these settings are exposed in the desktop version of Word? They carry over into the mobile version?

Thank you.

@tweetiepie1983 

@George_Dsorry for the delay in the reply, I have tested this and this looks to be the case.

@tweetiepie1983 

Sorry, but your suggested solution doesn't work. Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.

George_D