How to fix this epub validator error message: "Filename contains spaces . . ."

Copper Contributor

Hi, I used Microsoft Word to write a book-length manuscript. Now I want to publish it as an ebook, so I ran the Microsoft Word docx file of my book through a converter that turns the docx file into an epub file. I then ran the epub file through an epub validator to make sure it works okay. Unfortunately, the validator gave me three warnings:

•WARNING(PKG-010): Palatino Linotype - Bold.ttf(-1, -1): Filename contains spaces, therefore URI escaping is necessary. Consider removing spaces from filename. 

•WARNING(PKG-010): Palatino Linotype - Italic.ttf(-1, -1): Filename contains spaces, therefore URI escaping is necessary. Consider removing spaces from filename. 

•WARNING(PKG-010): Palatino Linotype - Regular.ttf(-1, -1): Filename contains spaces, therefore URI escaping is necessary. Consider removing spaces from filename. 

There are no spaces in the name of the file itself, but the warnings specifically mention the font that I'm using—Palatino Linotype. I have no idea what any of that means or how to fix it. Do you? If so, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

—D

1 Reply

Hi , I'm new here. But there is a forum for PUBLISHING. You might want to check that out.  Good luck. 

@Mabel41