creating table titles in a list of tables for APA 7

Copper Contributor

When I create a table in APA 7 I can put the tables number but no title then the next line is the table title. When I do this the l do not have table titles in the list of tables. how to I populate table titles in APA 7

6 Replies
Are you saying that you are not able to put the Title on the same line as the Number or that APA 7 REQUIRES that the Title MUST NOT be on the same line as the Number?

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Yes, In APA 7 only the table number is on one line, then 2 lines down is the table title then the next line is the table. This does not coordinate with Word and the list of tables. The table titles do not appear in the list of tables.

@princesswriterkc Use Shift + Enter to create the new line for the title of the table.  The non-printing, new line character is ignored by the Table of Tables.

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1652143522249.png

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Hi Doug, I'll try it. But the Table 1 has no other information on that line. Then double space down is the title of the table. Will this suggestion work?

Thank you,

kellie

@princesswriterkc If you use SHIFT+ENTER twice to get the "double space", in the Table of Tables, there will be two spaces between the Table number and the text of the caption.

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_1-1652212775710.png

If the "double space" results from the formatting of the paragraph having the Line spacing set to "Double", in the Table of Tables, there will be one space between the Table number and the text of the caption

Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP_0-1652212747643.png

Hi, shift-enter is working well. I have a one question. In list of table there is “.” but when you are name table  they dont use “.” So how this “.” comes automaticly you can see picture

97F41DB2-6A4A-4725-8A62-2900509277E2.jpeg