SOLVED

Copy from PDF into Word, automatic format

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I am copying (making a summary) out a pdf file, which uses a smaller line width than the word file where I paste it in. I estimate to make about 200 of these actions, and if I cant automatically erase the enters at the end of each paste, I estimate that it requires on average another 3 edits per paste. 

Perhaps I have missed an option in the word formatting, but I cant figure it out.

Please see attached for an example.

Appreciate the help!!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Aminam20 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It is because you are copying from another application. It converts the end of each line as a paragraph mark.

You can save yourself the stress of making the edits by copying all the contents. Select all the affected lines and replace paragraph marks with space.

Cheers

@wumolad Thanks for your reply.

"You can save yourself the stress of making the edits by copying all the contents." 
I am not sure what you mean here. I only copy some select parts out of a 1500page doc manually.

"paragraph marks with space."
I am kinda struggling to do this. I am working in 'Find and Replace' now, managed to use 'Special' to insert the paragraph sign, but cant replace it with a space. 

Any advise for this? 

Thanks!

@Aminam20 Do not use the symbol ¶, because that isn't the paragraph mark you see when displaying nonprinting characters. In the Find/Replace dialog, use the code ^p to represent the paragraph mark. (In the list from the Special button, use "Paragraph Mark" and not "Paragraph Character", which will insert the ^p in the dialog's box, or you can just type ^p in the box.)

More on this at http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com/CleanWebText.htm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aminam20 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It is because you are copying from another application. It converts the end of each line as a paragraph mark.

You can save yourself the stress of making the edits by copying all the contents. Select all the affected lines and replace paragraph marks with space.

Cheers

View solution in original post